INCREASING MEMBER ENGAGEMENT AND VOLUME OF TRANSACTIONS FOR THE UK’S NO.1 ONLINE CASHBACK WEBSITE.
Quidco’s digital marketing team asked us to create a campaign that could solve two separate challenges in one go:
Encourage more Quidco members to engage with the brand, reminding them to visit Quidco.com before making online purchases so they don’t miss out on earning cashback.
Generate increased sales revenue for Quidco’s online retail partners.
All existing Quidco members, but particularly lapsed ones – those who make online purchases but forget to go through Quidco.com first.
A series of digital games launched one by one over the course of a year – each one themed around a seasonal or cultural event such as Christmas, Easter or even the Great British Bake-Off final.
Each game was fun, addictive and perfect for mobile devices. Only accessible to Quidco members, they all had their own distinct identity and design, but the premise was the same:
- log into Quidco.com on desktop or mobile device
- complete the game’s challenge
- instantly find out if you’ve won a share of the cash prize pot
- win or lose, get the chance to play again an unlimited amount of times
The prize pot was funded through sponsorship by different retail partners relevant to the occasion, such as Hotel Chocolat for Easter and eFlorist for Valentine’s Day.
Why it worked
- The chance to win cash prizes (paid directly into winners' Quidco accounts) reinforced the message that Quidco is all about earning cash online
- Giving members the chance to play (and win) multiple times considerably boosted engagement. Some members played over a thousand times
- Theming the games around key events meant that brands with an association to those events were more likely to see an increase traffic and sales, and therefore to sponsor the games
"As a digital business, our members and partners expect any marketing activity we carry out to be as innovative as our product. Not only did the campaign deliver on that, but crucially it achieved fantastic results."
Digital Marketing Manager